From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's new with all those new packages?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:38:28
1 On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 09:40 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 7/11/05, Myk Taylor <myk@××××.edu> wrote:
4 > > Hash: SHA1
5 > >
6 > > I think if you're using Gentoo, there is an assumption that "if it's new
7 > > (and acceptably stable), I want it".
8 >
9 > Maybe I'm different but I disagree. Even if it's new, and in an
10 > acceptly stable state, I often don't want it. Many times it seems that
11 > we go through an r1/r2/r3/r4/r5 seies of updates. A number of times
12 > that I've looked at change logs it turns out that 3 or 4 of these
13 > changes are to fix things on other architecture while for me they are
14 > just compile jobs.\
15
16 Well, there's always glsa-check
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list