From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recover from memory corruption
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:03:25
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:04:46 +0100, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
4 >
5 >> What's the best way to make sure the system is recovered? Reemerging
6 >> everything (-e) might fail if some essential package is already broken,
7 >> right?
8 >
9 > At least you'll then know what's broken. Try emerge -e --keep-going. It
10 > will give you a list of failed packages at the end, then do what is
11 > needed to get those to merge.
12
13 Thanks for your pointers.
14
15 I did emerge -e system then emerge -e world. As there were some pending
16 upgrades this wasn't as easy as it'd be in an up-to-date systems --
17 and I decided it was a good idea to sync the tree, anyway (just to make
18 sure it was sane).
19
20 But now, after several complete remerges, it's all freshly compiled. If
21 something is broken and didn't show up yet, that must mean pigs can fly.
24 Thanks,
25 Nuno J. Silva
26 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg