From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: module-init-tools : masked opponent
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 03:14:16
1 On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 21:02:02 -0600
2 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 21:22:23 -0500
5 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >
7 > > It looks as if the change needs a 'news' msg.
8 >
9 > If it turns out to be solved by the tools flag for kmod, I gotta
10 > disagree. I also use -* , but I don't think we should get news items
11 > whenever that's going to break something for us; we've effectively
12 > waived that expectation. I do, however, very much appreciate you and
13 > others posting heads-ups about possible breakage for us *- hardheads.
14
15 Also I'm sorry I didn't post a heads-up about setting this flag. I did
16 notice it had to be done, but I didn't think it would bite anybody
17 because virtual/modutils does depend on kmod[tools].