From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg & nvidia (again) ;-(
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:39:33
1 On Wed, Þíè 28, 2006 12:16 am, David Klempner wrote:
2
3 > Not only *can* you have xorg and xgl installed side by side, you *want*
4 > to have xorg available.
5
6 Of course. That's the reason I want to do this upgrade. The problem is I (still)
7 can't find the right masks. Actually once I got it running but there were tons of
8 pkgs conflicting and blocking each other when I tried "emerge -Duav world". I want
9 to have compiz+xgl running and no conflicts at the same time.
12 > IME, Xgl+Compiz is nowhere near stable enough
13 > for normal use. I played around with Xgl, following the Xgl howto, about
14 > a week ago, went "ooh! shiny!" then backed out when I couldn't get
15 > compiz to go without crashing for more than about ten minutes with
16 > normal use.
19 I'm aware of that. But I tested a "kororaa" live-cd (http://kororaa.org/) and I WANT
20 this graphical environment! ;-)) Kororaa works pretty stable and it is based on
21 gentoo which means there is a way to put things together but I have to find it
22 (hopefully not the hard way).
26 Best regards,
27 Daniel
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list