From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless Card On Laptop - Help Setting Up
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:52:49
1 My laptop has a wireless card. Wow. Don't die of the shock.
2
3 I never use it. No, really, I don't. I'm never in a location with
4 wireless access, so I just content myself with a good old fashioned
5 Cat5e cable and call it a day.
6
7 Now my life has changed. There is a wireless access point in my AP
8 Computer Science class (or so they tell me). It might be time to
9 configure my wireless card (right now it's not configured, so I don't
10 know if it's even in /dev, /proc, or /anything).
11
12 I know this is sort of dumb, but where would I start? I've never added
13 a whole new device to the system before, though I'd like to learn.
14
15 The card is: Intel PRO/Wireless (the kind they put in the IBM X40 type
16 2386-1CU - I don't know anything other than that part of the card's
17 name - I'm sorry.)
18
19 It worked under Kubuntu, so I know there is a linux driver.
20
21 Thanks for any help.
24 http://lordsauronthegreat.googlepages.com/