From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automatically updated certain packages
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:42:01
1 On 12 Sep 2010, at 22:13, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I've got a tricky task for automatic update script, which requires
4 > some portage magic ...
5 >
6 > The script has a list of packages which should be updated
7 > completely automatically, but *only* if they're pulled in as
8 > dependency (beginning from world), and others not in that list
9 > should *not* be updated.
10
11 If I'm understanding you correctly then you might find `eix -Iu --only-
12 names` to find a list of packages which are installed on the system,
13 but not up to date. You can use `equery d category/atom` to see if the
14 package has any dependencies.
15
16 Stroller.