From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Recent git kernels break rtc (real-time-clock)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 00:32:00
1 After the recent 3.9 --> 3.10 kernel merge window, udev no longer creates
2 /dev/rtc (or /dev/rtc0) during bootup on my ~amd64 machines. (The only
3 machines I have now.)
4
5 So, I have two idle (very non-urgent) questions for you git-kernel nerds
6 out there (I know you're there ;)
7
8 First, anyone else seeing the same breakage?
9
10 Second, anyone understand how udev knows if I do, or don't, have a real
11 time clock on my machine?
12
13 (BTW, I didn't even notice that /dev/rtc is missing for a week or two
14 because the error messages zip by so fast, and nothing seems broken
15 because of it, other than /sbin/hwclock whining quietly.)