From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slightly OT: favorite window manager/desktop environ?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:05:24
1 > Before this gets into a flame war, let's just operate under the
2 > assertion that the "best" window manager/desktop environment is
3 > strictly a matter of personal preference.
4
5 yes it is. Mine is KDE. It eats hardware but I do not care. It's
6 configurable and convenient, and I like the development process.
7
8 Many bugs and feature requests I've posted have been fixed or included
9 in a very short time. It's stable and consistent, and there are a lot
10 of "third party" applications which integrate perfectly.
11
12 No flamewar, but most of the above reasons are not valid for Gnome. I
13 dislike applications with multi panel windows, and the file open and
14 save dialog, a basic GUI element, simply is a pain compared to KDE.
17 Best regards
20 ce
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list