From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:15:43
1 On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 06:24:17 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > You can use it to prevent ebuilds from installing unit files
4 > > or open-rc scripts from doing so (based on what you want to opt-out
5 > > of).
6 >
7 > From the man page...
8 > > INSTALL_MASK = [space delimited list of file names]
9 >
10 > I do not want to input umpteen files names, or even extensions. The
11 > man page says nothing about masking out directories.
12
13 "Everything is a file", nor does the man page say anything about not
14 using it to mask out directories. Bearing in mind that this is the means
15 chosen by the devs, it is reasonable to assume that it is practicable.
16
17 > Maybe I should simply make a wrapper script that throws in...
18 > "rm -rf /usr/lib/systemd/" at the end of an emerge.
19
20 Or you could simply try INSTALL_MASK="/usr/lib/systemd/" in make.conf.
21 It's not like your computer is going to explode if it fails to mask the
22 service files.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Women live longer than men because they have so many clothes that they
29 wouldn't be caught dead in.