From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using g++ instead of gcc to build abiword
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:40:34
1 On October 23, 2005 02:39 am Hans-Werner Hilse was like:
2
3 > What you cited then looks like the final linking step. My first guess
4 > is that the ebuild doesn't list all dependencies of abiword that it
5 > actually has and in your case you're missing one. Check the -lxxxxx
6 > lines (libraries) if something is obviously not yet installed. I don't
7 > really know which library is supposed to provide those missing
8 > functions, and searching for them doesn't make lot of sense - I guess
9 > "new" and "delete" aren't very typical for one certain library...
10
11 It sounds, from what Richard Fish has said, as if libstdc++ is the culprit,
12 and I do have that installed. I have also been having the same kind of error
13 with some other ebuilds, some of which had also worked fine in the past,
14 which is another reason to believe abiword itself isn't the problem.
15 Couldn't find anything weird beginning "-l" in the emerge stdout/stderr.
16 >
17 > Have you got some old .h header files lying around
18 > in /usr/local/include? This might totally mess up things, as well as
19 > duplicate libraries (of different versions) in /usr/lib
20 > and /usr/local/lib.
21
22 Nope. Nothing like that. Only stuff to do with audio processing and a couple
23 of other obscure things. But both you and Richard agree that multiple
24 installed library versions may be the problem. That certainly sounds
25 plausible to me.
26
27 Many thanks
28 Robert
31 Robert Persson
32
33 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
34 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list