From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage spokes again...
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 19:04:20
1 On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM, <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net> [16-12-21 17:12]:
3 > The first run of emerge tells me to add the systemd USE flag to dbus.
4 > I did that and ran into to problems I reported.
5
6 Ok, I think you left that bit out...
7
8 And this is why it is helpful to understand why portage is doing
9 something before just changing configuration settings. Adding the
10 systemd USE flag to packages is a really quick way to end up with
11 systemd getting installed. Generally speaking it shouldn't just
12 happen by default...
13
14 Can you show the output when you add -t to the emerge command? I
15 think that will be helpful. However, I think an earlier poster was on
16 the right track when he pointed out that the tmpfiles virtual requires
17 an unstable version of openrc. I'm not sure why that was getting
18 pulled in in the first place, and -t should show that.
21 > emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy "media-libs/mesa[egl,gbm,gles2?,wayland]".
22 > !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
23 > - media-libs/mesa-11.2.2::gentoo (Change USE: +wayland)
24 > (dependency required by "kde-plasma/kwin-5.8.3::gentoo" [ebuild])
25 > (dependency required by "kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.8.3-r4::gentoo" [ebuild])
26 > (dependency required by "net-p2p/ktorrent-5.0.1::gentoo[shutdown]" [ebuild])
27 > (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
28 > (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
29 > [1] 20322 exit 1 emerge -t --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y --tree --keep-going
30 >
31 > What?
32 >
33 > Now wayland shall be installed? IIIIIKKKKKSSSS!
34 > I want my UNIX back!
35
36 Interesting. I just noticed that it pulled in wayland for me. I have
37 no idea why kwin requires wayland support in mesa. It obviously works
38 fine with xorg. I might do some looking into that.
39
40 There isn't really anything non-UNIX about wayland, though I'm not
41 sure I'd be in a rush to use it just yet. It is just a replacement
42 for xorg (to say the least, it doesn't purport to be a
43 feature-complete replacement and may never be).
44
45 Your wayland issues and your systemd issues are most likely entirely
46 unrelated...
49 Rich