From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cant connect to local webserver - ICMP admin prohibited
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:15:39
1 >> Just a billion switch
2 >
3 >  .... which is running a firewall?
4 >
5 > (The tcpdump shows a firewall is in play on 192.168.1.250).
6
7 The firewall's disabled, and should only be in play if the packet gets
8 routed from what I understand. These packets are being switched. I
9 guess I should connect the hosts directly with a crossover to rule it
10 out.
11
12 Anyway, i've run up apache on port 81 and it works fine.
13
14 I also tried disabling apache and connecting to port 80 and got the
15 ICMP message instead of the expected TCP reset.