From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what about dracut and systemd?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 13:36:17
1 On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:07:03 -0400,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 10:58 PM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Well, clone-depth = 0 gave me a syntax error
7 >
8 > Can you provide the entire contents of your repos.conf, and the error
9 > it gives you?
10 >
11 > I wouldn't use a manual checkout for /usr/portage. You can of course
12 > do a checkout elsewhere but your permissions will probably get messed
13 > up if you checkout /usr/portage by hand.
14
15 Well, I don't have the error message anymore and I did what I thought
16 you suggested -- beffore I got your last message -- I just did a git
17 clone of the repository to /usr/portage and the only unusual thing was
18 the first time I ran portage, it did its global updates and it seems
19 to be working.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici