From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine - No sound after updates
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:56:26
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Randy,
3 > It seems I spoke too soon. Both machines had problems. I did the
4 > update on my Gentoo AMD64. It worked and I responded to your email.
5 > I've now done the flag change on the x86 but it still refuses to
6 > provide sound for movies.
7 >
8 > I notice looking at the flags that the x86 is using win32codecs
9 > while the AMD64 isn't so I rebuilt the x86 without win32codec support.
10 > Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem on that box.
11
12 Hey Mark! Hmmm, one thought that comes to mind is that perhaps there
13 are some other important packages that depend on a52 and aac. Did you
14 try to emerge --update --deep --newuse world after adding those USE
15 flags? If you call xine from the console, do you see any linking errors
16 (indication that perhaps revdep-rebuild is in order)? Let us know if
17 you've done these things and still have a problem, and we'll keep going
18 at it!
21 Randy Barlow
22 http://electronsweatshop.com
23 --