From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using a remote DVD writer
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:44:54
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > My laptop does not have a DVD writer, only a DVD/CD player. On the other
5 > hand, my desktop has the works. Other than booting the desktop in Gentoo and
6 > burning DVDs directly, is there a way to use it remotely from my laptop? Can
7 > I define in K3B my desktop's DVD drive(s)? How can I set this up for a LAN
8 > connection?
9 >
10 > While at it, is there a way to achieve this at all when the desktop is not
11 > running Gentoo, but WinXP?
12 >
13 > PS. I do not currently have SAMBA configured on either box.
14
15 Use mkisofs (app-cdr/cdrtools) to prepare an ISO image and transfer that
16 over to the box with the burner.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list