From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qt-creator, libQtcSsh and Botan - angst.....
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 16:32:16
1 On 02/07/16 17:18, Matti Nykyri wrote:
2 >> On 07 Feb 2016, at 08:48, Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi all,
5 >> Has anyone managed to build the latest, V3.6, of Qt-creator? I'm
6 >> attempting to do so and am getting a problem related to libQtcSsh.so and
7 >> something called Botan. Reeading in more depth in the error, it appears
8 >> that it can't find basic_string, for example:
9 >>
10 >> *********************
11 >>
12 >> /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qt-creator-3.6.0/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.6.0/lib64/qtcreator/libQtcSsh.so:
13 >> undefined reference to
14 >> `Botan::User_Interface::User_Interface(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char,
15 >> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)
16 >
17 > Well this is a linker error. This means that you are linking without -lbotan flag or the installed version of libbotan.so is incompatible with qt-creator-3.6.0
18 >
19 > You can fix this by compiling qt-creator without out botan or upgrading dev-libs/botan to a version required by qt-creator.
20 >
21 > If you have the correct version of botan installed then it might be that the linker is unable to find libbotan.so
22 >
23 > Based on the error messages it is probably a version mismatch, because there is only one kind of undefined reference.
26 I read a webpost that talked of qt-creator using it's own version of
27 botan hence I didn't think it would be a linking error, that it would
28 have the correct stuff "on board". A viewing of the ebuild shows that it
29 has a USE_SYSTEM_BOTAN=1 so I reinstalled botan, even though I already
30 had the latest version installed, and hey presto, it built.
31
32 Thanks for the comments,
33 Andrew