From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Router/Firewall strangeness
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:36:41
1 > I just tried to log into my local Gentoo router/firewall system and I got this:
2 >
3 > ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
4 >
5 > From Google, It looks like it's a problem caused by too many ssh
6 > connections, but that system should only ever be logged into by me,
7 > and I hadn't logged in for at least 12 hours. I checked the sshd logs
8 > and they're suspiciously empty. Just a few lines per day in there.
9 > Does this seem like enough to wipe the machine over?
10 >
11 > - Grant
12
13 Now I'm getting:
14
15 $ ssh root@192.168.0.1
16 Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
17
18 Does this sound like a failing system maybe?
19
20 - Grant
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list