From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: migrating to LVM
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 04:40:52
1 On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:11:55 -0400, Don Jerman wrote:
2
3 > So / and /boot will be smallish physical partitions - I use the minimum
4 > size for /boot and around 10G for root, and LVM manages anything that
5 > gets dynamically large or uncertain like /home/, /opt/, and application
6 > directories like /var/lib/mythtv/ or /var/spool/mail/.
7 > Anything that starts to eat up a large part of my root partition is a
8 > candidate for copying over to a LV later on.
11 Great discussion, thanks to all.
15 -Thufir
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list