From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:20:29
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have looked around and have found confusing info regarding which is a better
4 key cipher to use for ssh authentication. Some say that RSA is widely
5 considered more secure than DSA. Some say that it doesn't really matter, as
6 long as you use a large enough bits setting in creating your key. RSA takes
7 longer to create but it takes less time to authenticate on the server and DSA
8 is the other way around. Not sure what to believe and I'd rather not be
9 guessing which one is best
10
11 What is the recommended/'best practice' approach on creating ssh keys for
12 Gentoo users and why?
13 --
14 Regards,
15 Mick