From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]batch processing html files
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:18:18
1 On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:02:38PM +0200, Penguin Lover Alan McKinnon squawked:
2 > On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
3 > > I have a folder full of .html files and I need to go through and
4 > > replace in each and every one of them a couple of bits of info. I
5 > > know I can do this using the following from the command line:
6 > > sed 's/VV, ppp-ppp/81, 51-67/' file.html > newfile.html | mv
7 > > newfile.html file.html
8 >
9 > Somehow somewhere you can accomplish what you want in one line with a
10 > suitable combination of locate, find, grep, for, xargs, sed and awk
11
12 Right, as an addendum to my other solution, in the case where files
13 are spread across a directory tree, run the following in the base
14 directory of tree:
15
16 find ./ -name "*.html" -exec sed -i.bkup 's/VV, ppp-ppp/81, 51-67/' {} +
17
18 (yes, that's a '+' character at the end). You can, of course, tweak
19 the parameter to find to get finer control of exactly which files you
20 want modified; this is left as an exercise to the reader.
21
22 W
23 --
24 Introducing: the
25 Universal Conterexample Matrix
26 [ 0 1 ]
27 [ 0 0 ]
28 if you ever suspect a statement is false for linear transformations,
29 it will be false for the Universal Counterexample Matrix.
30 ~Prof. Edward Nelson. MAT 217. P-town
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 509 days, 14:49
32 --
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list