From: Kevin Philp <kevin.philp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with mysql 4.1 upgrade
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:29:22
1 Last week I upgraded to mysql 4.1.14. I carefully followed every line
2 of the upgrade guide inlcuding the revdep-rebuild and at the end I had
3 a lovely new mysql 4.1 and all my databases had imported with no
4 problems, phpmyadmin also worked fine. Now....about a week later I
5 can't start mysql:
6
7 /etc/init.d/mysql start - says mysql has already started but it hasn't
8 (ps aux | grep -i my* shows nothing)
9
10 mysql shows
11 ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
12 '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
13
14 I have checked permissions on var/run/mysqld as recommended in another
15 post and they are correct. I am running out of ideas....anyone any
16 further ideas??
17
18 Thanks
19