From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /home doesn't umount on shutdown
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 00:35:05
1 On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:37:28 +0100
2 Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > But I was not able to make the problem re-appear in short reboot
6 > > cycles. So whatever is hanging the box is something that starts up
7 > > in the course of work, it doesn't appear to be there directly after
8 > > a KDE login.
9 >
10 > I have observed that kded4 and nepomukserver sometimes don't terminate
11 > after logging out of KDE. At the next login, I get another copy of
12 > each, and so they accumulate. It's so bad that I added a script to
13 > ~/.kde4/shutdown to "kill -9" them if they are still running 15
14 > seconds after logging out.
15 >
16 > Both processes keep open file descriptors to ~/.xsession-errors, so
17 > they would indeed prevent /home from unmounting.
18
19 I recall have similar issues long ago, but haven't seen anything like it
20 again for months now.
21
22 I just checked now and I don't even have kde-base/nepomuk *installed*
23 anymore. I wonder how that came about, I thought nepomuk was mandatory
24 for KDE4?
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com