From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Font recommendations for netbook?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:01:35
1 091110 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Fluxbox is blowing up on my new machine
3 > because it can't find any fixed fonts.
4 > merely building xorg-server doesn't download any fonts.
5 > Looking at /usr/portage/media-fonts I see a whole bunch of options.
6 > Any experiences good/bad with any of them?
7 > this wb on an 11.6" netbook, currently running 1024x768
8 > and hopefully 1366x768 one of these days.
9 > the less processor power it requires to render, the better.
10
11 I've successfully installed Gentoo on my 10" netbook.
12 I simply did 'emerge xorg-x11', which had 91 dependencies,
13 which included lots of fonts. Fluxbox is working well.
14 I prefer Luxi Mono for even-spaced font; size 8 seems best for a netbook.
15 No problems with CPU power (ASUS 1005HA) or memory use.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca