From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Small (as in footprint) window manager
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 04:21:32
I've been trying to clean up my machines (pruning world file, etc) and
am making progress.

I ran into one issue, that being on my server (mythtv, file, etc) I am
normally in text/ssh mode but occasionally I need X for something.

Does anyone have suggestions for a small-footprint window manager (I
have no need for a full desktop environment) as twm is just fugly and
sometimes not intuitive. I also don't need a file manager as I use
Midnight Commander which works well for my needs. This all stems from
occasionally needing a gui for configuring mythtv or the ability to have
two shells open side by side.

I am thinking others have most likely had this problem at some point and
have found something that's lightweight for this type of purpose.

Dan