From: "François-Xavier Carton" <fx.carton@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Building packages in different prefix without rebuilding system packages
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 05:00:34
1 Hi,
2
3 Is there a way of installing packages in a different prefix while still
4 using system packages? I've tried setting EPREFIX, however doing that
5 will install all dependencies in the prefix, even if there are already
6 installed in the system.
7
8 I was hoping to install some packages in user directories, but I also
9 don't want to duplicate the packages installed globally. For example,
10 most packages eventually depend on gcc, which I definitely don't want to
11 compile twice. So ideally, only dependencies that are not installed
12 globally should be pulled in.
13
14 I was not able to find a way of doing that, but I feel like it shouldn't
15 be too hard, because EPREFIX almost does what I want. Does someone know
16 if it's possible without too much tweaking?
17
18 Thanks,
19 -François-Xavier