From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and Yahoo upgrade message
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 00:06:40
1 Am Mittwoch, 2. September 2009 schrieb Dale:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I use Yahoo messenger with Kopete as the GUI part of it. I keep getting
5 > this little error message and it is getting on my nerves here. This is
6
7 I too get that since yesterday, but that's not an error message, but mere
8 advertising from Yahoo by the use of a Yahoo account. Apparently they
9 released a new version of their own client (for Windows of course) and want
10 to make people aware of it.
11
12 > what it keeps sending:
13 > > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.10-r4 USE="crypt groupwise
14 > > highlight history sametime ssl statistics texteffect yahoo
15 > > -addbookmarks -alias -autoreplace -connectionstatus -contactnotes
16 > > -debug -emoticons-manager -gadu -irc -jabber (-jingle)
17 > > -kdehiddenvisibility -latex -msn -netmeeting -nowlistening -oscar -slp
18 > > -sms -translator -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup -xscreensaver" 0 kB
19
20 It looks like you didn't use your clipboard buffer correctly. ;-)
21
22 > I Googled to see if I could just block this but I can't figure out how
23 > to do that with Kopete. I can't find a block option anywhere in
24 > Kopete. I also replied to them just in case someone would see it but I
25 > still get this message.
26
27 It is my hope that they will either cease to do that by themselves or due to
28 the many complaints they will get from other users like us who don't fancy
29 their software. :-/
30 --
31 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
32 Pilot: Radar, Good Day, Airforce Blackbird, request FL 600
33 Controller (with a chuckle): Sir, if you can reach, you are cleared FL 600
34 Pilot: US Air Force Blackbird, leaving FL 800, descending Level 600