From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Disappearing useflag hell [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:11:51
1 On 11/28/2011 05:38 PM, Dale wrote:
4 > I'm glad you got yours sorted out but I'm still curious as to how it
5 > is on in one place and off somewhere else. I know a dev has it set
6 > that way and I'm SURE he/she has a good reason for it. I just don't
7 > know where that is done.
8
9 Have a look at the files in /usr/portage/profiles/base/. Reading the
10 comments turned on the light bulb for me.
11
12 > We can add this to the weird things happen section. lol
13
14 Actually, I created the problem for myself, which is not so weird
15 at all. Happens every day :(
16
17 At the time I switched to sharing portage over NFS, I didn't really
18 expect it to work, so I took some shortcuts by making symlinks where
19 I knew they really didn't belong -- but I figured I'd be undoing
20 everything again in a few minutes anyway. Dumb! Do it right the
21 first time...