From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative kernels
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:09:50
1 On Friday, October 31, 2014 07:05:58 AM Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 10/31/2014 3:11 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > Systemd is, in my opinion, suffering from the same feature-creep as Grub2
4 > > does. Grub1 was faster, because it was smaller. But it isn't working
5 > > propery anymore and Grub2 does its job
6 >
7 > Eh?? Grub1 doesn't work properly any more?
8
9 Please, also for future reference, unless stated otherwise, most people,
10 including me, tend to forget to add "for me", "on my system(s)" or similar to
11 statements like this.
12
13 > News to me, and my system that is still using it (properly as far as I
14 > can tell)...
15
16 I've got a few systems where grub1 doesn't work. This is more likely caused by
17 some changes in used filesystems instead of any other cause.
18 If I really wanted to, I might get it to work, but I don't see the point in
19 spending time on this.
20 Grub starts the boot process and then, afaik, disappears.
21 Which is sufficient for me.
24 Joost