From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Dell Inspiron M1710
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 09:04:40
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:47:21 -0400 Colleen Beamer
4 <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I'm having a heck of a time with the nvidia-drivers on my new Dell
7 > Inspiron M1710. I can install the driver, but when the laptop is
8 > booting, the font doesn't resize - something do do with the
9 > framebuffer, but I don't know how to correct it - I've followed the
10 > nvidia Guide from the documentation.
11
12 What does "the font doesn't resize" mean exactly and how's that looking
13 errorneous to you? What font are you even talking about? Since you're
14 talking about the framebuffer, you're probably talking about the text
15 console font? Does that even matter (i.e. are you using the text
16 console)?
17
18 AFAIK, nvidia-drivers don't have framebuffer support at all. In order
19 to have a graphical console on bootup, you need to configure other
20 framebuffer drivers in your kernel. I think the suggested one to use in
21 combination w/ nvidia-drivers (the combination matters for switching
22 between X and console) is vesa or vesa-tng.
23
24 -hwh
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list