From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up if you start X with startx; xorg-server suid flag
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 06:49:21
1 On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 01:28:17AM -0500, wrote
2 >
3 > * According to /usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-server/ChangeLog USE="suid"
4 > has been enabled as of December 20, 2012. If you do not enable it,
5 > you will not be able to run startx as a regular user. xdm and other
6 > X login managers will still work.
7
8 Let me re-phrase that. A USE="suid" flag has been created. If you do
9 not enable it, you will not be able to run startx as a regular user.
12 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
13 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications