From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 + nvidia crashing
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:30:26
1 >>> I run stable Gentoo + a few ~amd64 packages. My video adapter is an
2 >>> NVidia 463 GTX. Since the update to adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 a few
3 >>> weeks ago all Flash apps crash the plugin within Firefox. I posted a
4 >>> bug report here and got shot down for reasons I don't understand. (I
5 >>> understand what he said and why he said it, but I didn't understand
6 >>> them just giving up without feedback back to Adobe, etc.)
7 >>>
8
9 Try toggling the vdpau use flag and recompiling any impacted packages.
10 That might fix things.
11
12 There really isn't a perfect cure here, adobe has essentially
13 abandoned the linux user base which is hitting nvidia users first for
14 some reason (except for minimal support for chromium).
15
16 If all you care about is videos and youtube, you can probably add
17 yourself to the html5 beta test at youtube and switch to a different
18 flash engine like lightspark/gnash for everything else.
22 Matthew Marlowe
24 https://www.twitter.com/deploylinux
25 1-805-857-9144