From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mini-install-cd: default root password or other idea
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 15:26:16
1 On Thursday, 5 November 2020 15:18:43 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > I know, of course, this doesn't exist, but why is screen(1) asking for it?
3 >
4 > I'm re-installing gentoo. I booted off the image and ran screen. Did
5 > everything find, with multiple screens, inclduding for ssh to other
6 > hosts. I got to the point where I ran emerge-webrsync. It taking way
7 > too long, downloading into /mnt/gentoo/var/tmp/gentoo-20201104.* at a
8 > snails pace. I closed all my other screens. It kept downloading ...
9 >
10 > then, suddenly, the screen was erased (maybe I hit a key?) and I stuck
11 > at the top of the screen with
12 >
13 > "Screen used by root on live cd"
14 >
15 > "Password:"
16 >
17 > Am I going to have to kill the installation and start at least the
18 > webrsync all over?
19
20 If it says root is using screen, so you haven't 'erased' it. When you run
21 'screen -r' from another console does it let you get in it?