From: "Petri Rosenström" <petri.rosenstrom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simultaneously emerging multiple packages with same dependencies
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:09:12
1 On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM, PK <pkugrinas@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 > Is there any way to simultaneously emerge multiple packages (multiple instances of 'emerge') that share common dependencies ?
5 > I'm aware that portage uses locking mechanism before modifying 'world' file, but what about the actual building process ? I'd expect emerge to check if dependency package is already build/installed (or currently being build by another instance) and just skip it in this case, however I haven't tried it yet.. Can anybody shred some light on this ?
6 > Thanks,
7 > P.
8
9 Hi,
10
11 --jobs isn't enough? example emerge -j kde-meta
12
13 Best regards
14 Petri Rosenström