From: Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox-bin optimizations?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:02:17
1 On 09/30/2010 12:58 PM, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > Heya,
3 > I noticed that my firefox-bin is a lot smaller in memory footprint
4 > compared to ordinary gentoo-compiled firefox.
5 >
6 > Does anyone know what compiler flags upstream applies to their
7 > firefox? I turned off the custom-optimization USE on mine assuming
8 > that it would follow upstream optimizations, but maybe it doesn't.
11 I thought firefox-bin is a 32-bit binary. If you are using a 64-bit
12 gentoo it is likely you self compiled version is a lot bigger.
13
14 Regards
15
16 Johannes Kimmel