From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] OOo-Calc import text when pasting from clipboard
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:47:39
1 This is a bit OT. Two Gentoo boxen, one with compiled from source
2 OOo, one with OOo-bin. I select a number of paths showing my modules,
3 as produced on a terminal having run modprobe -ls, e.g.:
4 ========================================
5 /lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r9/kernel/security/seclvl.ko
6 /lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r9/kernel/security/capability.ko
7 /lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r9/kernel/security/commoncap.ko
8 ========================================
9
10 Now, on the first box when I middle-click my mouse in OOo-Calc it
11 opens a dialog box titled "Text Import - [Pasted Data]" and asks me
12 what symbol I want to consider as a delimiter (Tab, Semicolon, Comma,
13 other, etc) i.e. it interprets the clipboard data I selected from the
14 terminal as a CSV text file.
15
16 The problem is that on boxen number two, the OOo-bin just pastes each
17 line into a single cell without asking how to treat the delimiters.
18
19 I've spent an hour looking in the OOo Option settings and still cannot
20 find how to turn on this text import CSV interpreter thingy. Would
21 you perhaps know where is this 'secret' setting?
22
23 PS. On a separate note, would any of you script junkies have
24 something handy to parse the output of modprobe -ls and import the
25 module names into /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6, sorted under
26 commented out headers according with the category of modules - or am I
27 being too lazy here? ;-)
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick