From: Giampiero Gabbiani <giampiero_gabbiani@×××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libdbus error on vlc
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 07:00:09
1 Jed R. Mallen wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > Before I did an 'emerge -uD world', I get a libdbus-1.so.2 error, so I
6 > assumed that was because I was using outdated packages. This came out
7 > when I started k3b, vlc and some other apps.
8 >
9 > After the world update, k3b works fine, but vlc still gives out this
10 > error:
11 >
12 > vlc: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.2: cannot open
13 > shared object file: No such file or directory
14 >
15 > What should I look into to address this problem? Thanks.
16 >
17 Hi Jed,
18
19 from man:
20
21 'revdep-rebuild scans libraries and binaries for missing shared library
22 dependencies and fixes them by re-emerging those broken binaries and shared
23 libraries. It is useful when an upgraded package breaks other software
24 packages that are dependent upon the upgraded package.'
25
26 Did you try that?
27 If yes, you can try to re-emerge vlc in order to re-link it with the new
28 libraries.
29
30 Regards
31 Giampiero