From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rosegarden works???
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:40:15
1 Hi Luis,
2
3 Am Montag, 15. August 2011, 20:51:05 schrieb luis jure:
4 > on 2011-08-15 at 22:32 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
5 > >What version of jack are you using?
6 > i have jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7 installed. but i think this
7 > shouldn't be the problem, because at least in the past jack was needed
8 > only if you were going to use audio in rosegarden. the program itself
9 > should launch even if jack is not running.
10
11 I am still using jack1 (1.9.7 is jack2), because I had nothing but troubles
12 with jack2.
13
14 > or am i wrong? could you try
15 > starting rosegarden from the terminal without jack? does it start?
16
17 rosegarden starts jack for me, if it is not running already.
18 Is the dbus-use-flag enabled for your jack?
19 Afaik the startup procedure for jack2 is different from jack1's, at least if
20 that flag is enabled. Could well be, rosegarden has problems with that.
21 But because of my negative experience with jack2, I would try downgrading jack
22 to 0.121.2 or something like that and try again.
23
24 > vielen dank für deine hilfe!
25
26 Gerne :)