From: Ian <omega21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Installing KDE...Again....
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:20:16
1 Hey everyone.
2 Here is my situation. Its a rather long one:
3 I want to get kde 3.4.3 without arts. At all.
4 I am hoping to go USE="-arts +alsa" emerge =kde-3.4.3
5
6 That seems easy, but it isn't.
7 I already have 3.4.1 installed. As well as 3.5.0.
8 I think I used the split ebuild thing (grrr) which involved using a
9 loop-style
10 bash script to put a lot into /etc/portage/package.keywords for 3.4.1.
11
12 I think I just used emerge kde to get 3.5.
13
14 What I want, is to end up with kde 3.4.3 (only) installed, without arts.
15 I would first like to unmerge both 3.5 and 3.4.1, but as I used the split
16 ebuilds Im not sure how....
17
18 Any and all help would be very much appreciated.
19 Also, Please dont try and convince me to just use GNOME or *box or
20 something.
21 I love KDE and I hate arts. [image: :)]
22
23 I did a search for kde stuff (emerge search kde) and it seemed kinna weird.
24 I wont post it as it is huge. Unless, of course you want to see it.
25 Thanks a lot!
26 Cheers,
27 Ian