From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VB - login from one Windows XP to another XP
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 05:20:46
1 On Tuesday 07 Oct 2014 04:22:59 Jc García wrote:
2 > 2014-10-06 19:52 GMT-06:00 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
3 > > I'm running Windows XP in VirtualBox.
4 > > I can NX to the running VB - Windows XP as (shadow or new) session.
5 > > But that doesn't help me.
6 > > Via "Shadow session" I would disturb the current user if I try to start
7 > > another program.
8 > > Via "New" session I can not see Windows XP session as it is running.
9 > >
10 > > So I think I have to start VB - Windows XP on my box and try to login to
11 > > another (remote) VB - Windows XP Is it possible?.
12 > >
13 > > The user is running certain program, that uses database. I'm trying to
14 > > login to the remote Windows XP session and start the same program as an
15 > > administrator (that uses that same database).
16 > >
17 > > How to log-in from one windows XP to another over the network?
18 >
19 > You search in google and do a ton of clicks, this is so OT. and there
20 > are many answers out here, even the unix-style one works.
23 I recall having set up a virtualised WinXP application so that it could be
24 launched and run in a window on a remote Linux PC. Not the whole WinXP OS
25 virtual desktop, but a single application only. The WinXP OS was a guest VM
26 running within VirtualBox in another Linux PC. I can't recall if a user
27 logged into the WinXP OS at the time was affected in any way, i.e. logged out.
28 I think not, but I am not sure.
29
30 I am thin on the details, I did this some years ago as a PoC. Google should
31 bring something up if you search for running remotely virtualized Windows
32 applications with VirtualBox.
35 Regards,
36 Mick