From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Threads changing Was: OT: website design
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 15:19:55
1 -original message-
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Threads changing Was: OT: website design
3 From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
4 Date: 2011-06-04 21:54
5
6 Indi wrote:
7 >> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 09:22:57AM -0500, Dale wrote:
8 >>
9 >>>
10 >>> That one was inline with the rest. Yeppie !!
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >> Thanks for the confirmation, and for mentioning it in the first place.
14 >> I couldn't tell of course, because they all looked fine on usenet and
15 >> there was no local email to compare the view.
16 >>
17 >> It's a bit embarrassing to be "the threadbreaker", but at least it wasn't
18 >> my fault. :P
21 Sometimes our hands are forced by situation beyond our control ;)
22
23 >I suspected it was whatever device was being used. Sort of like top
24 >posting. Some people have to top post because the device they are using
25 >won't let them reply any other way.
28 Now you're ribbing me :P
29
30 That said, yeah Gmail's Java Mobile client sucks when it comes to top-posting: Click Reply (or, in my case, choose 'Reply' from the menu), and I'm given an *empty* textbox to write my reply, which *will* be top-posted. And I totally have no say in that.
31
32 (And it sucks royally that midway through writing a reply, I'd forget what exactly was written in the email I'm replying through, necessitating a 'Save Draft', back to reading the email, then 'Resume Draft').
33
34 But now I've pulled my emails to my E72-1's native email client, and I can now properly bottom-post, with a caveat: I have to manually insert the '>' to indicate the quoted original email.
35
36 Oh well.
37
38 >I just wonder if there is some setting that could be changed somewhere
39 >to make it work correctly with usenet, or whatever you were using. I
40 >just know this is going to happen again.
41
42 It depends on the mail-to-usenet gateway, methinks.
43
44 >We are back to normal again. :-) Then again, I never was normal
45 >anyway. ;-)
46
47 We're using Gentoo, so we all can't be normal ;)
48
49 Rgds,
50 --
51 FdS Pandu E Poluan