From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] copy-paste no longer works with (g)vim + OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:19:04
1 100217 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 06:42:40AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >>> Which copy+paste? high-light with mouse and middle click to paste?
4 >> Yes: are there other methods ? -- it also doesn't work
5 >> if I high-light with 'v' & the (left-)arrow key(s).
6 > In Gnome you can high-light with mouse, right click, hit copy
7 > and go to another window, right click, and hit paste.
8
9 I didn't know that one (smile), but only the 1st half works here;
10 when I R-click in the OO file, there's no 'paste' option
11 & using the 'paste' button on the toolbar gives
12 "Requested clipboard format is not available".
13
14 > Is visual mode even suppose to work for this purpose?
15 > I don't think hitting 'v' and moving left and right
16 > is supposed to dump the selected sections into the copy-paste buffer.
17
18 I don't know what it's "supposed" to do, but till last Sunday
19 it had been regularly doing a paste into OO after a copy w mouse or 'v'.
20 I didn't update anything else at the same time which seems relevant:
21 Gzip Java-config Pykde Hplip Gnuconfig Psmisc
22 (that's why I mentioned Poppler, which I updated the previous week).
23
24 >>> Can you copy and paste from (g)vim to another Konsole?
25 >> Yes, no problem.
26 >>> To any other application?
27 >> Yes, to Leafpad, Kwrite, (Xfce) Terminal & Xterm.
28 > So basically the problem is OO then.
29
30 No ! -- there was no change to OO last weekend, only to (G)vim !
31
32 > Can you copy and paste from other applications to OO?
33
34 Yes, at least from Konsole Terminal Leafpad:
35 I mentioned the Most+Konsole workaround in my OP.
36
37 > Perhaps it is a problem with encodings?
38
39 I haven't changed those for a long time, certainly not last weekend.
40
41 > HTH
42
43 I'm certainly v grateful for your suggestions, but they don't get anywhere.
44 I assume you don't use both Gvim & OO (7.2.303 & 3.1.1)
45 or you could test it for yourself: can anyone else test this ?
46 Does anyone else have useful thoughts ?
47
48 If not, it looks like a bug to report.
52 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
53 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
54 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca