From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Flashing an old NOKIA 3310 with Linux?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:59:17
1 Hi,
2
3 I got my hands on one of the well known NOKIA 3310 (2001...not the new NOKIA 3310
4 ones) phones. It seems the previous seller has branded the phone with
5 his own firmware and I want to reflash the original NOKIA firmware
6 onto it again...if I have a true phone I want the "real true"
7 phone...you know ... :)
8
9 There are some flasher out there....which are compatible to windows
10 versions, which are long forgotten.
11
12 As far as my investigations in this case :) has reached: The phone
13 needs what they call it a "DCT-3 flasher".
14
15 Does anyone has knowledge in handling this wonderful retro peace
16 of technique this way and knows a linux compatible flasher for
17 the firmware?
18
19 Thanks a lot in advance !
20 Cheers!