From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bash Script that wraps Mplayer/Mencoder.
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:45:23
1 On 30 Sep 2009, at 18:27, Doug Hunley wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 06:17, Richard Marza
3 > <richardmarzan@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >> I have a script currently called rip that rips DVDs to H.264 using
5 >> x264 with
6 >> mencoder
7 >
8 > Congrats, you just reinvented media-video/h264enc
9
10 Unless I am thinking mistakenly of another app (and I don't think so)
11 usability of media-video/h264enc is below abysmal.
12
13 To call the OP's implementation of a ripping-script a "reinvention" of
14 h264enc must surely be a slur.
15
16 It is the nature of mencoder that such scripts are necessary.
17 Hopefully a good script of this kind will eventually evolve. I have
18 tried many and have yet to find one that isn't lacking.
19
20 Stroller.