From: Fast Turtle <fturtle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A new AMD CPU weakness?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 13:53:12
1 Main issue is you need "PHYSICAL"access to carry these attacks out.
2 It's that god damn simple. If they can physically access the system,
3 it doesn't matter how good the security it because "THEY' own it.
4
5 All this does is makes damn sure I will not buy any used hardware
6 since you can change embed into the UEFI firmware what ever you want -
7 keep in mind that most boards now have 64M of storage for UEFI
8 firmware (I haven't seen an update that needed then 2.5M. So ask
9 youself, why in hell they needed more then 4M? I could see 8M being a
10 selling point but 64M - hell the first computer I build only had 16M
11 (that was a 386 system).
12