From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] removing gtk+ as requested by --depclean
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:47:02
1 On Thu, Apr 28 2011, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
2
3 > gtk+ 3.x is not used by gnome versions in portage (2.x). If you don't
4 > know if you need it, then you don't need it. You will be happy as long
5 > as portage doesn't want to remove gtk+ 2.x which is what most programs
6 > use. I don't even know if there's anything in portage at all that will
7 > require 3.x.
8
9 I see. It is required only for gnome3, which I am not yet running.
10
11 thank you and norman as well,
12
13 allan