From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What does emerge status R mean?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 09:22:11
1 On 5/15/21 7:24 AM, Dan Egli wrote:
2 > The R status means REBUILD. Usually, if it's an @world it's pulling
3 > that in because something about that package changed and so it needs
4 > to rebuild it. The --noreplace option would block that if portage
5 > didn't think it was needed. Based on your options, I'd say that it's
6 > probably a USE flag was changed. I don't use binpkgs myself,
7 > preferring to compile except in certain circumstances (can we say
8 > RUST!?) that I need to use a -bin variant. You can try without it, but
9 > I recommend leaving your change-use and newuse flags in place and
10 > letting the system rebuild xmodmap.
13 Yes, thank you, but neither the server nor the client have any USE flags
14 for that package defined.  And the package has to be pretty stable by
15 now  ;-)