From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote desktop to WinXP from Gentoo
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:38:15
1 On Sunday 01 October 2006 21:04, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I want to access remotely my father in law's laptop which is running
6 > > WinXP to help him out with his IT problems.
7 > >
8 > > I assumed that krdc will do just that, but all it does is to ask me for
9 > > the password for my kdewallet and then it fails. The error message tells
10 > > me something about ensuring that remote desktop is properly installed.
11 > > :-(
12 > >
13 > > Is there somewhere a How-to for me to follow, to be able to connect to a
14 > > remote default installation WinXP PC, with no physical access to it, from
15 > > my Gentoo machine?
16 > >
17 > > Failing a How-to, how do you do it?
18 >
19 > emerge net-misc/grdesktop
20
21 Thank you. Given that grdesktop is just a gnome front end (equivalent to
22 krdc, which I believe requires vnc) are any solutions that work with the
23 default WinXP remote desktop/remote assistance set up?
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick