From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to install a pkg without all dependencies?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:51:19
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> writes:
4 >
5 >>> On Dec 18, 2014, at 20:59, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>
8 >>> Some of this threads posts may be crossing in delivery so restating
9 >>> what I am trying
10 >>>
11 >>> package.provided:
12 >>>> =app-editors/emacs-24
13 >>
14 >> Try:
15 >> virtual/emacs-24
16 >
17 > No change whatsoever... seems to be ignored
18
19 I vaguely recall something from long long ago, about certain kinds of
20 package.* files needing to be in a different location than
21 /etc/portage.
22
23 Perhaps it was just deeper in /etc/portage, but I think I was bit by
24 that way back... maybe like 4-5 yrs back. Unfortuneately I don't
25 recall the location and see no mention in `man portage'.. maybe a
26 figment of my imagination.