From: Jorge Morais <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot install emacs/emacs-cvs with X use
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:50:52
1 On Sun, 24 May 2009 08:44:32 +0800
2 Kevin <kevin.tianji@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 > after reinstall my system, I can emerge neither emacs nor emacs-cvs
6 > successfully on my gentoo. when proceeded to the working fork check,
7 > it stops and hangs over, never go ahead.
8 >
9 > build.log:
10 > http://dpaste.com/hold/47083/
11 >
12 > and here it is emerge --info:
13 > http://dpaste.com/hold/47084/
14 >
15 > I can only USE="-X" emerge app-editors/emacs-cvs, but I don't know
16 > why, other programs emerge well.
17 >
18 > config.log is too large to send to dpaste.com, I've attached it, hope
19 > someone can help me, thanks in advance.
20 Could you try the version app-editors/emacs-cvs-23.0.93 ?
21 That is the one I have here (23.0.94 entered Portage very very recently),
22 and it works well.
23 It could make things easier to compare.
24 It would make it even easier if you used the same USE flags as me.
25 You can see the USE flags I use to build emacs here:
26 $ emerge -pqv =app-editors/emacs-cvs-23.0.93
27 [ebuild R ] app-editors/emacs-cvs-23.0.93 USE="X alsa dbus gif gpm gtk gzip-el jpeg png sound spell svg tiff toolkit-scroll-bars xpm -Xaw3d -hesiod -kerberos -m17n-lib -motif -source -xft"
28
29 Also, it seems you have interrupted the process with a SIGINT.
30 Are you sure it was hung? How much did you wait? Did you use top
31 to see if there was some process making heavy use of the processor?