From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box: 2 small puzzles
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:11:33
1 On Saturday 20 October 2007, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Philip Webb writes:
3 > > BTW I'm amazed that System Rescue doesn't seem to know re 'pppoe'.
4 > > I hope to install Gentoo from the copied files w/o using the I/net.
5 >
6 > You can also use any other boot CD. Well, unless you use the automatic
7 > installer, but it seems people don't like it much and prefer to do the
8 > install manually.
9 >
10 > Alex
11
12 Is there a good reason for not using ssh to transport any fs you want from one
13 machine to the other? That's how I usually do it using tar and pipes
14 (tar>>pipe>>untar).
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick